I like cancelled plans. And empty bookstores. I like rainy days and thunderstorms. And quiet coffee shops. I like messy beds and over-worn pajamas. Most of all, I like the small joys that a simple life brings.
1) Some people are just assholes. That is just who they are. Do not try and change them. That is not your job. Just be the best person that you can be. It’ll even the world out a little.
2) Don’t use words that you don’t know the definition of. You’ll end up sounding stupid when you wanted to sound smart. Just look up the definition. Also, learn how to pronounce things. Nothing’s worse than someone that says “supposubly” instead of “supposedly”.
3) Do not trust boys that sweet talk you when they first meet you. When you meet someone you really like for the first time, you’re naturally nervous and awkward around them. Remember that.
4) Don’t listen to people who say “looks don’t matter”. They’re lying. They are liars. Of COURSE looks matter. They drive entire industries, decisions we make, and physical attraction. But they’re still not as important as intelligence or how you treat others.
5) Find something that you’re passionate about and do it forever, all the time. You’ll know you’re passionate about it because you feel the most like yourself when you’re doing it.
6) Sex is great, but the biggest turn on in the world is asking for consent first.
7) Everyone has opinions. The difference between intelligent people and idiots is that the idiots think that all of their opinions are good ones simply becuase they have them, and the intelligent people know that this isn’t true.
8) You’re not better than anyone for drinking tea, wearing vintage clothes, reading classic literature, or watching foriegn movies. Nor are you better than anyone for having special eating habits.
9) I don’t give a fuck if you’re “concerned about their health” or not, stop commenting on people’s weight. Stop. Leave it alone. You have no idea what they’re going through, so mind your own business.
10) Life is a miracle. Not in the theocratic sense, but scientifically. You, your body, the fact you can live and breathe and speak, is literally a biological miracle. Appreciate that fact the next time you complain about something that doesn’t actually matter.
There’s like a million different ways to say “I love you.”
'Put your seat belt on.'
‘Watch your step.’
‘Get some rest.’
…you just gotta listen.
How to have sex: First go like this, spin around. Stop! Double take three times. One, two three. Then pelvic thrust. Whooooooo, whooooooo. Stop on your right foot, don’t forget it! Now it’s time to bring it around town. Bring-it-a-round-town. Then you do this, then this, and this, then this, then that, then this and that, and then…
the only domestic instinct my parents have managed to pass on to me is the tendency to hoard multiple plastic bags in another plastic bags despite the fact that I will probably never need this many plastic bags in my adult life
pls give me a franchise where, when a good female character turns evil, she is not immediately dressed in a bondage-inspired outfit that is 2 strips of leather and a thong and instead dresses in sensible jeans and combat boots and a comfy jacket because hello, evil agenda here, there’s no time to be objectified, world domination is priority
"Come to the Dark Side, we have pockets and sensible footwear."
Pockets you say?